[efcb-section-samplepage hero_image=” ” title=”Sleeping Indian 10k” subtitle=”A 6.2 mile hill climb with over 1,600 feet in elevation gain ” background_color=” ” title_font_color=” ” subtitle_font_color=” ” id=”ui-id-2-152398217491232″][content]
The Sleeping Indian Hill Climb starts in the middle of downtown Buena Vista and runs up and down Sleeping Indian Hill (AKA Midland Hill). The first and Last 0.4 miles of the run are on paved and dirt road with the rest of the run on technical and steep single track trail. The race is an out an back course. You will gain just over 1600 feet in 2.5 miles. The total distance for the Hill Climb is 6.2 miles. You can race it, jog it or walk the course. The route is demanding, but beautiful and a really fun trail to experience here in Buena Vista.
Date & TIme: 9am on Sunday, September 30th (and a part of the 14er Fest weekend, September 28th-30th.
Course Map and Elevation profile: https://www.strava.com/segments/15227849
Registration: Early Bird registration will launch on June 1st. More info coming soon! Please check back for details or email us at info@14erFest.com.
The Race begins outside The Trailhead and The Watershed on East Main Street in Buena Vista, Colorado.
Packet Pick-up: Details will be announced soon.
Awards and Awards Ceremony
Overall awards to top three men/women in each race and raffled awards based on bib numbers pulled from a hat.
Important Rules and Considerations
1. Stewardship of our public lands: Any runner caught messing with the local ecology will be pulled.
2. If you throw any trash, including drink cups, on the ground, you will be DQ’d. Never litter ANYWHERE.
3. Foot travel only and no pacers
4. Obey race officials instructions
5. Pack it in/pack it out
6. Carry a water bottle, no cups on course
7. Help other runners if need.
8. No dogs on course (Please keep dogs on lease at start finish line)
No refunds for registration – your registration is a donation to Chaffee County Search and Rescue North