- This event has passed.
Hike to Lost Lake
September 30, 2017 @ 8:30 am-12:00 pm
The Lost Lake hike begins at Cottonwood Pass road west of Buena Vista. The hike to Lost Lake is a beginner friendly and family friendly route. It’s about 1.3 miles to reach Lost Lake at an elevation of approximately 11,800 feet. The 360 degree mountain views are stunning, including Turner Peak (13,232 feet) to the northeast. Located above timberline, the area is also known for its lush wildflowers during the summer.
Location of Hike: Cottonwood Pass area west of Buena Vista
Hike Level: Beginner
Distance: 2.6 miles roundtrip
Elevation Gain: approx. 11,200 ft starting elevation, approx.. 11,800 ft. maximum elevation; gain/loss of approx.. 600 ft
Meeting time/location: 8:30 am at The Trailhead in Buena Vista, 402 E. Main Street; the group will carpool to the trailhead.
GARNA Hike Leader: Ruth Runge-Barnes
Max: 15 People. Register ahead of time to reserve your spot.
What to Bring:
- Bring plenty of water and a lunch/snack
- Dress for the weather – mountain weather can change very quickly, please be prepared
- Rain gear and synthetic, quick-dry clothing are always recommended
- Wear sturdy hiking shoes
- Hiking poles recommended
- Bring/wear sun protection – sunscreen and hat
- Bring insect repellent
- Camera, binoculars are optional